Would you like a personal introduction to resources available at the library? Need more time with a librarian than you can get over the phone or if you just walk in? Use this form to Book a Librarian!
The Book-a-Librarian sessions are tailored to meet the specific needs of the individual. A library staff member will give undivided attention to customers who want in-depth technical assistance on topics such as starting an email account, browsing the library’s catalog, downloading e-books and audiobooks, searching the Internet, using online resources through the library’s website, using Microsoft Office, or other computer skills.
Other, non-technical topics are also available for Book-a-Librarian sessions, including personalized help with a research project or helping you discover new books and authors that match your taste and interests.
Please Allow 1-2 Business Days For A Response, Especially When Submitting Questions Over The Weekend.
If you have questions or need immediate assistance, please contact us at (845) 265 3040 or email@example.com
FAQ – or – How does the Book-a-Librarian service work?
1. Who is eligible to make an appointment?
This service is available to individuals, organizations and businesses.
2. Is there anything I can’t get help with?
We cannot offer advice (e.g., medical, legal, investment) except to advise users of reputable sources of evaluative information. Also, we cannot offer troubleshooting or maintenance help with personal computers or mobile devices.
3. Do you offer help with job searches, resume assistance, and career support?
We are happy to show you how to use our career and job exploration resources, assist with basic resume creation and help you explore a variety of job search and professional networking web sites, as well as local resources.
4. Do you offer any instruction with computers or other technology topics?
Yes. We offer help in a few different ways.
- Drop in TECH HELP on Fridays from 3 - 5 pm with Patrick.
- Schedule time with Gillian for help with Microsoft Office, website design, blogging, social media, email, managing files/folders, basic Internet skills.
- You can use our self-paced online resources as well.
5. Do you provide help with genealogy research?
Not personal searching help, but we have a number of resources available for your and are happy to let you know about them.
6. Who will be helping me?
We look at your appointment request and determine the best person on our staff to meet with you based on expertise and availability.
7. How long will the appointment be?
Appointments usually last 30-60 minutes. If more time is needed you will have to schedule another appointment.
8. How do I make an appointment?
Complete the BOOK-A-LIBRARIAN form with as much information as possible or call the Library at (845) 265-3040. We will get in touch with you to confirm the appointment as soon as possible. Two to three days advance notice is needed; limited weekend appointments available.
9. I need to cancel my appointment. What’s the best way to do this?
No problem — just call the Library at (845) 265-3040 as soon as you can. We can reschedule your appointment.
10. Are there other ways to get help from a librarian?
Yes, you can always stop by and go to the main desk to ask for assistance or call/email us.
© Copyright Butterfield Library